Crop Chocolate

Crop Chocolate
Bkrejci - Design Team Member

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Nature Inspired - View Master Wheel


Our Crop Chocolate DT Project this month was "Nature Inspired".  There are so many places to go with this theme and originally, I was trying really hard to tie the theme in with Easter, which should have been easy enough, but what I really wanted to do was scrapbook this picture of my youngest son.  This ties in two types of nature, the natural background of weathered wood, flowers, etc and the nature of a parent . . . to always feel that their children are a true blessing, which I do.  With that said, I will begin to explain how this layout was created.

CC Supplies:  All paper used was Fancy Pants Country Boutique, with the exception of the white cardstock used for the view master.   I also used, Lifestyle Circle dies and Country Boutique Embellishments.

Non CC Supplies, Misc. brad and Kaiser Rhinestones, Fiskars hole punch.  Stampin Up Punch.

I began by cutting out two identical circles, one out of white card stock and one out of copy paper.  The circle I cut was   3" and this will become the View Master wheel.  Set aside the card stock circle, using the copy paper circle fold in half and then in half again.  Mark the folds with a straight edge to find the center of your circle.  Fold the the diagonals to create to create 1/8 pieces (like 8 slices of pizza).  Place the two circles together, copy paper on top.  Use a piece of re-positional tape to hold the bottom circle in place if needed.  The copy circle acts as a guide as you punch notches around the circle.  Using a 1/8" handheld punch, punch notches around the circle on each of the eight crease lines on the outside edge of the circle and one in the center for the brad. Discard copy paper circle.  On the card stock circle you can stamp images or words.  One image in each of the 4 quadrants so that when the view master reel is turned it will reveal only one image at a time.

I then cut a strip of wood print card stock 3-1/2" wide and 12 inches long, I centered a 1-1/4" punched hole in the 3-1/2" wide strip (this is my view master window). I then attached my 3" inch circle with a brad to the back of this strip so that when turned each word (or image) would show through the window.  To the right of the 3-1/2" strip, I then carfully punched a partial hole (i also punched an identical hole in the 12 x 12 background paper) to allow the wheel to turn.



This completes the view master portion.  I then attached this strip to the right side of my layout.    I then cut out a black circle to frame the hole of the view master to bring attention to it.  I adhered my picture to the layout.


I wanted to use the pre-cut embellishments that came with this kit.  So I decided what I wanted printed on each embellishment i.e. "Tyler . . . some people call you . . .",  "I call you"  and "A Blessing".  I put this in a word document the way that I wanted it to appear on the embellishment and printed on copy paper to check placement.  When I got everything placed the way I wanted, I took repositional tape and taped the embellishment over the printed copy and put this back through my printer so that it would print on the embellishment.  I then adhered all embellishments to the layout.

Hope you enjoy this as much as I have.
Thanks for taking a look.

No comments:

Post a Comment